ABOUT THE PULiiMA EXHIBITION VILLAGE
EOI submission deadline: Friday 10 February 2023
This is the first PULiiMA conference since the United Nations declaration of the International Decade of Indigenous Languages, so we anticipate this event to bigger than ever. We are seeking Exhibitor Proposals from all sectors of the language community.
PULiiMA Week 21st to 25th August 2023
The first 2 days are intensive workshops followed by 3 days of conference. This form is for applying as a exhibitor for the 3 day conference component only (Wednesday to Friday)
- WHEN: Throughout the 3-day conference period (23-25 August 2023)
- WHERE: Darwin Convention Centre, Darwin NT, Australia
- WHAT: Exhibitors receive a complimentary trestle table (w:1825mm/d:600mm/h:730mm), trestle table cloth, and two chairs for the duration. Access to power can be arranged.
Every exhibitor is required to register for the conference. We offer a discounted PULiiMA conference registration fee per person for two people at each exhibit stall (registration pricing TBA. Additional stall attendees will must register at the normal registration price.
The conference registration fee covers:
- entry to three-day conference (23-25 August 2023)
- morning tea/lunch/afternoon tea for those 3 days
- entry to the Gala Dinner on the Wednesday night (with complimentary food & beverages)
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
While all submissions will be considered, an exhibitors slot can not be guaranteed at this stage. We wish to create an exhibition village of variety (around the country and internationally) with new ideas and opportunities relevant to First Nations language and culture. Below gives some insight to our selection approach:
- Priority: Language conservation, documentation, education and sharing for our original traditional languages
- Hands-on or interactive (something that delegates can 'have a go' at) and new technology is favourable
- Exhibits that provide practical transfer of skills and empowerment
- Exhibits that create enthusiasm, share exciting new ideas, enlighten the audience and create awareness
Submission deadline: Friday 10 February 2023