PULiiMA event: Women In Language Day
Tuesday 20th August, 8.30am-4pm
Our inaugural Women in Language event acknowledges and celebrates the unique and special role our women play in maintaining, transmitting and promoting our languages and culture.
- Leadership in language panel hosted by Karina Lester
- Possum skin cloak workshop
- Hula and lei making (Native Hawaiian)
- Song writing workshop and performance
- Native floral arrangement workshop
- Baby moccasin making (First Nations Canada)
- Language immersion and education programs
- Young women’s leadership
- Caring for country and the environment
This event has reached capacity - we have been overwhelmed with response to this event, we apologise that there are no spaces left.
Women in Language Image Gallery
Photo Credit: Kat Soutar or Colleen Strangways. Further information, access and credit available here