LATEST TRAINER UPDATE - 13/8/19
Here is the latest information to support you in your role as a trainer at the Puliima Intensive Workshops. This is in addition to what else is on this page.
- The intensive workshops are FULL on both days. We are no longer accepting registrations.
- We have room capacities for each location which may be met, we don't have the luxury to let as many people as possible attend workshops and continue to bring in extra chairs. We only have a small buffer of spare seats for each room if everyone spreads evenly within their schedule.
- Remember that there are 8 workshops and as per the timetable the delegates get to choose 3 of those 8 workshops on each day allowing them a total of 6 to attend for those that are attending both days.
- Some delegates are coming for both days, some are just coming for the Tuesday.
- There is a full day Mapping workshop happening on Monday, on the Tuesday those people will be attending workshops.
- There is a full day Women in Language event happening on Tuesday, on the Monday those people may be attending workshops but on Tuesday not. Hopefully that is not confusing.
This is unprecedented at Puliima to have our workshops totally booked out, to help both the delegates and yourself in this situation we have implemented the following:
- Please install the Sched app. At https://puliima.sched.com we have arranged the schedule for every workshop.
- We have been promoting the app to delegates but please be aware that some people are more tech savvy than others. Some people may not use the app.
- Delegates can arrange their schedule and you can see who is scheduled to attend.
- We suggest all trainers or at least one from each workshop is registered within the Sched application.
- Please view your session on Sched to check your details are correct and which trainers have been allocated to your workshop.
- You can monitor how many people are scheduled for your workshop and you can communicate with them.
- There are other features and we will let you explore.
Technology set-up in the Meeting rooms for Monday & Tuesday:
- Data projector
- DCC Laptop plugged in
- Projector white paint is on wall (no screen per se)
- Project white board (not a smart board)
- Lectern with microphone
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us anytime
We hope you are as excited as us for Puliima this year
MEETING IN ADVANCE
On Monday 19 August:
- 7.30am: Tech check, please meet in your allocated room at this time (registrations also begin at this time)
- 8am: General Welcome in the Darwin Convention Centre Foyer
TECH CONNECTION FOR PRESENTATIONS
The venue’s preferred laptop connection leads is HDMI; and preferred flash drives are USBs.
SENDING US YOUR POWERPOINT
If you have a powerpoint for your workshop presentation, it would be greatly apprecaited if you could send it in advance.
Presenters can either email their Powerpoints to us or upload into Dropbox:
We also ask to please title your powerpoint file with the official title of your presentation (or at least the first part of it) and the last name of the contact person of your original application to present at PULiiMA 2019.
PARTICIPANT CONTACT DETAILS
Due to the Australian Privacy Act, we are not permitted to give the contact details of those who have registered for the Intensive Training Workshops. We recommend that you have a sign-up form at your workshop for participants to give their details directly to you.
PRINTING & PHOTOCOPYING
If you require copies of handouts, please organise your own printing/photocopying in advance.
Unfortunately the PULiiMA team are not able to coordinate this on behalf of presenters/trainers.
- Officeworks (Darwin Branch): 44-46 Stuart Hwy, Stuart Park NT 0820
- Brandit NT: 62 McMinn St, Darwin - http://www.branditnt.com.au
- Copytime,: 5 Edmunds St, Darwin City NT 0800 – 08 8981 7544
- Colemans Printing: 86 Cavenagh St, Darwin City NT 0800: www.colemanprint.com.au
- Expressway Signs and Printworks: 8/2 Lindsay St, Darwin https://expresswaysigns.com.au