FACILITATING A INTENSIVE WORKSHOP AT PULiiMA CONFERENCE 2023
Scroll down to the form to apply.
Submission deadline: NOW CLOSED
Being the first PULiiMA since the United Nations declaration of the International Decade of Indigenous Languages, we anticipate this event to bigger than ever. We are seeking Trainer Proposals from all sectors of the language community.
It's with great pleasure that we invite expressions of interest from all people, parties and organisations to host intensive training workshops for PULiiMA 2023. The Puliima workshops have become a popular and exciting pre-conference opportunity for delegates to gain practical skills and training from the variety of experts gathering to attend the conference. For many the workshops are also a significant highlight in attending PULiiMA.
These are focused intensive half-day workshops held over the Monday and Tuesday preceding the Conference event.
There is also an option for full-day workshops held over the two days either as a one-day or two-day workshop. These workshop spaces are extremely limited.
- WHEN: 21 - 22 August 2023
- WHERE: Darwin Convention Centre, Darwin NT, Australia
- HOW LONG: Workshops are half a day (3.5hr) and are repeated each day to allow delegates to rotate
- WHO: Your primary audience is Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people from across Australia and the islands who are involved in language work in a variety of capacities. Many delegates work at the grass roots community level whilst others represent local, state and national bodies.
- HOW MANY PARTICIPANTS: Approximately 20-30 people per workshop (must be conference delegates)
- EQUIPMENT AVAILABLE: White board, internet, tables and chairs (set up as per request)
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
In particular, we are looking for workshop hosts who can deliver practical hands on sessions for our participants.
We would like to provide delegates with varied and innovative workshops which help to expand their skill set and practical knowledge in areas such as:
- language documentation
- teaching, sharing and learning language
- language resources creation
- language and the environment
- technical skills
While all inquiries will be considered, not all workshops can not be guaranteed at this stage.
We do require that all trainers register for PULiiMA 2023. As a trainer, you will be able to access a reduced rate ($TBA) which includes attendence for all conference sessions, evening events and catering over these five days.
Submission deadline: NOW CLOSED was - Friday 10 February 2023